Hunter Fan's Universal Internet Thermostat
Hunter Fan®, is the most recognized brand and the market share leader in the ceiling fans. It is also a major programmable thermostat manufacturer sold at retail. The Hunter Fan team saw that smartphone connected thermostats was a growing trend, and wanted to get out in front. They saw opportunity because the existing smartphone connected thermostat suffered from two problems:
- They are expensive, costing $150 or more, and
- Installation is painful because most connected thermostats use Wi-Fi which requires a power source, and knowledge of the Wi-Fi home area network's SSID and password (which most people forget.)
The Hunter Fan team collaborated with Arrayent to solve these problems. Arrayent is home area agnostic, and supports Wi-Fi and also low power RF (900MHz/868MHz) protocols that support battery use. Batteries enable Hunter Fan to leverage theirEasy 5 Minute installation technology. They also made use of Arrayent's very low cost residential gateway reference design to enable plug and play install, check out video here.
"The Universal Internet Thermostat works with virtually all heating and cooling systems and can be controlled from anywhere, anytime with a smartphone and our best-in-class app," said Martin Heckmann, Group Marketing Manager at Hunter Fan. "The Universal Internet Thermostat is ideal for people and families who want to warm or cool their homes before they come home, and save money by turning off their heating & cooling equipment when they are traveling."
- Works with virtually all types of heating and cooling systems.
- 5 Minute Installation™ System with a plug and play internet gateway.
- Runs on 4 AA batteries for up to one Year.
- Supports 24 Volt "C-Wire" operation.
- Automatically changes between heating and cooling.
- Best-in-class App from iTunes App Store, or a web and mobile app on my.hunter.com for use with smartphones, tablets, laptops, and PCs.
For the full press release, click here.